1. Candidates, who meet the admission requirements listed in the relevant articles of the Hacettepe University Graduate Study, Education and Examination Regulations, can apply to the program upon satisfying the following requirements.
2. The candidates should be graduates of the Departments of Political Science, International Relations, or should have diplomas from other four-year higher education institutions whose equivalence are approved by the Academic Board of the Department of International Relations.
3. Candidates admitted to the program may need to take preparatory courses from the Undergraduate Curriculum, which are the core courses of the Department. For each applicant the content of the preparatory program is determined by the Academic Board of the Department. In order to be admitted to the program, students must be successful in each of the preparatory courses.
4. For admission a minimum score of 75 on exams like ÜDS, KPDS, or on internationally recognized tests such as TOEFL or IELTS, minimum scores of which are determined by the University Senate.
Graduate Program applications are not collected by our department. For further information and queries please visit Institute of Social Sciences...
1. A total of 24 credit courses, plus non-credit courses of “Seminar” and “Special Issues” must be completed for the degree. Students may take up to 6 credits from other Departments, upon the approval of the Academic Board of the Department of International Relations.
2. Master’s degree candidate, who has successfully completed the course requirements, must also write a thesis (in English) under the supervision of an advisor, appointed by the Academic Board, and must successfully defend it.